Stick-on or Backless Bra or Adhesive Bra
The most common type of stick-on or Backless Bra or Adhesive Bra is made of silicone but there are ones that look almost the same as the silicone one pictured but are made of foam. You can also get fabric ones that look more like a normal strapless bra that has had the back cut off. They usually have adhesive on the side wings to hold them on.
Most lingerie stores stock the silicone type, they will probably be with bra accessories (extenders, extra straps etc). You can also buy them online on websites like Amazon. The fabric one like the one pictured is harder to find in a store, you may have to hunt around the internet until you find one you want.
What size to get
The first problem with this sort of bra is knowing what size to get. They are often sold as A, B or C cup, but without having a band size the cup size is meaningless. A woman who wears a 30C bra will have much smaller breasts than a woman who wears a 38C. Generally, these sorts of bras don’t go up very far in sizes, if you have large breasts you will probably have trouble finding one that fits. If you are buying it in a store you will have to judge by looking at it, you may not be able to take it out of the packaging. If you are buying it online check the return policy and also check whether it can be returned after opening, some stores will consider it an intimate item and won’t accept returns for issues like wrong sizing if it’s been opened (if it’s a faulty product they should still accept returns). The silicone ones will give you more leeway with sizing than you would with a normal bra. The cups don’t have to completely cover your breasts, as long as you’ve got the front bits covered and it feels secure and isn’t bulging you should be ok, they’ll just be more like large nipple covers.
How to put on your stick on bra. Step by step guide
- Clean your breasts with soap and water.
- Make sure the area is dry and do not use any moisturizers before applying.
- Remove the plastic from the back of the stick on bra and place on your breasts. For maximum lift, hold your breast up before placing the cup on, starting with the underneath of your breast first and then pressing the bra onto the top part of your breast.
- Join the front-clasp on the bra to pull the bra together creating a nice cleavage.
- It is advisable to remove your stick on bra at the end of the day.
Adhesive Bra or Backless Bra advice
- Don’t apply over the broken, damaged or sunburned skin.
- If you are worried you will have a reaction to the adhesive do a patch test first by using a small piece on yourself. The inside of your arm is a good place as it isn’t hairy so won’t hurt as much when you take it off.
- Don’t use moisturizers or powders on the area before you apply it, they will make it harder for it to stick to your skin.
- Adhesives can come loose if you are sweating a lot. Try to avoid using them if this will be a problem, or make sure the adhesive is in an area where you don’t sweat much.
- Clean and dry the skin before sticking anything to it, wiping with rubbing alcohol will help remove oils and dirt.
- Have a hot shower or soak in the bath if you are having trouble getting it off.
- If you have the sticky residue left on your skin after removal you can get rid of it by using some baby oil on cotton wool and rubbing gently. Solvents like nail polish remover will work too but they aren’t as gentle on your skin.
Pros and Cons of Adhesive Bra or Backless Bra
When you need some breast coverage and no other bra style works.
- The ones with added silicone give additional size to your breasts.
- Hiding erect nipples.
Not so good for:
- Those needing breast support.
Basically, adhesive bras are bra cups with surgical-quality re-usable adhesive on the inside of the cups – the bra can be peeled off and worn several times. They don’t give support – but they give shaping and better yet, hide your nipples under sheer clothing. Some even come with significant silicone to give additional depth to your breasts.
When you find yourself wanting to wear an outfit and no bra seems to work, an adhesive bra can come to the rescue and save the day or evening. But, try not to have the man in your life see you wearing one. They just don’t get it.